The goal of SILA 2021 conference is to act in accordance with the EU strategy on islands development and launching new projects.
SILA2021 invites you to discuss how digital technologies, science-society and international cooperation, social innovation and Living Labs could address global challenges of smart islands and rural communities. It includes the challenges of COVID pandemic and climate change – economic development, physical, social and mental well-being of local population, resilience and the development of sustainable tourism, green energy, and mobility on islands in rural areas
The conference promotes and support dialog, cooperation and exchange of experiences between Southern Dalmatia and Central Baltic region and countries
The conference invites online participation, presentations, participation in panel and co-creation sessions addressed concrete problems, challenges and projects in these fieled .
Participants at SILA 2021 need to fill in the registration form the registration link.
All those interested can get additional information from MIPRO office: email@example.com
The conference program can be found here.
The SILA2021 hybrid inter-regional international conference is aiming to regional development and COVID post-pandemic recovery of coastal smart regions, islands and rural areas of Croatian Adriatic and Central Baltic Seas regions.
It addresses complex problems and challenges of island and regions sustainability, energy, tourism, resilience, economic development, well-being and health – many of them are related the local impact of global processes and crises such as COVD pandemic, climate change, environment, migration.
The conference is aiming to: to address global, pandemic and environmental challenges, sustainable development of islands and rural areas and well-being of population mobilizing multidisciplinary science – smart ICT & digitization – society cooperation to establish international cooperation network and Smart Island Lab project interest group.
- The complementarities, common interests and opportunities, cooperation between Croatian Adriatic and Central Baltic Regions addressed sustainability , resilience, economic development, well-being and health in COVID pandemic recovery
- New forms of smart sustainable tourism on islands and in rural areas during COVID pandemics – recreational tourism, tourism safety, thematic tourism, digital nomads and remote workers (DNRW) tourism
- System complexity and view of global vs regional challenges, socio-technological system of systems resilience and modelling, the impact (pandemic, climate , migration, resilience, international relations) on islands and regional areas
- The role of digital smart technologies and digital platforms in islands and regional areas COVID recovery, resilience, economic development, well-being and sustainability with concrete practical examples of implementations and roadmaps
- COVID pandemic and mental well being and health, the role of media, social impacts, systematic view and the role of ICT, digital services and social media
- Smart island and regions science network, DNRW community, smart island lab
Who should attend?
Islands and rural communities, NGOs, tourist boards and agencies, operators, innovation organizations and centers, digital innovations hubs, regional, national and local authorities , SMEs and companies , and all interested in establishment cooperation, partnerships and new projects, international cooperation on these topics.
For those who will be voluntarily coming to Saplunara: please contact Ivana Ezgeta on accommodation, catering, and meeting place : +385 99 508 4512, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation, catering, and transportation to be paid by participants.
For any additional logistical information for traveling and accommodation in Saplunara please see the link: http://www.smartislandregion.com/location-and-logistics.html
Cover photo by Karsten Würth on Unsplash